Acorns to Oaks
Get into nature, make memories and music – a project for all generations!
At CCC, we believe that music, art and nature make things that bit better. So, after the year we’ve all had, it’s time to take a deep breath, step outside and reconnect with loved ones.
Calling all kids at home, nursery or school (the “Acorns”) and older relatives or family friends, (the “Oaks” – we’re looking at you, grandparents) – buddy up!
We’ve created a downloadable pack full of step-by-step activities, with links to fun films that guide you along the way, so ideas for spending time together (in person, or virtually) are easily accessible in one place.
Please respect and follow any localised COVID-19 restrictions to protect yourselves and others.
We know there isn’t a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach for participating so take on whatever you’re comfortable with, but try to keep communicating with each other as you go.
The project is great for:
- Early Years settings and Primary Schools looking to promote outdoor play
- Care home residents connecting with family, reducing feelings of isolation
- Strengthening intergenerational relationships
- Inspiring creativity
- Supporting mental health and well-being
- Flexibility – there’s no set timeframe/limit and no previous musical experience or instruments/materials necessary!
Feel free to share any photos or videos of you in action as we’d love to create a special version of the concert film in future, featuring clips from participants.
ACORNS TO OAKS ACTIVITY PACK (PDF)
Here’s the one-stop doc you need, in full colour – just click below to get started!